Baltic Ace Project
Baltic Ace wreck removal project, salvage plan, and tender management.
MV Baltic Ace was a car carrier that sank in the North Sea on 5 December 2012 after a collision.
Baltic Ace was a car carrier, a roll-on/roll-off ship designed to transport vehicles in a large, fully enclosed garage-like superstructure running the entire length and width of the vessel. She had eight cargo decks with a minimum free height of 2 metres (6.6 ft). Two decks (3 and 5) could be hoisted up to increase the clearance of the decks below to 4.8 metres (16 ft) for large vehicles. Her car capacity was 2,132.
MV Baltic Ace was 148 metres (486 ft) long and had a beam of 25 metres
The total weight to be lifted of the seabed was estimated at 13,000 ton
The MaxZee team has developed a method the lift the vessel with a single lift, dewater the vessel and deliver the floating wreck to a dismantling company.
After winter storms had damaged the wreck further it was decided to cut the the in sections and remove these, presently this project is being executed.
KD Perantau 151
2014-2015 KD Perantau 151 Salvage, Preservation of equipment and Machinery and re-delivery to ship-lift
Salvage, red-delivery and preparations to refit at Lumut (Perak, Malaysia). A Naval Hydrographic vessel capsized and sank at Boustead Naval Shipyard
- Par-Buckle (up right) the vessel using 2 x 300 ton Strand Jack
- Make vessel water tight
- Install pumps (total capacity used was 8,000 m3/hr.)
- Install 400 m3 additional buoyancy to improve stability and refloat capacity
- De-water vessel and refloat
Re-delivery to ship lift:
- Improve stability by removing water pockets throughout the vessel
- Remove heavy wet paneling and insulation to bring down centre of gravity
- Ballast ship in to safe docking conditions
- Confirm center of gravity by inclining experiment
- Dock vessel in shiplift
Consultancy for Boustead Naval Shipyard:
- For refit including ship lifetime extension plan
- Stability analyses
- Project management.
Lentera Bangsa Preparations for Repairs
MV Lagun Mas
Lentera Bangsa Decommisioning
Lentera Bangsa Emergency Response